Thursday, March 26, 2009

Diabolik's TNA Wrestling Catch-Up Part 2

Ok. As I said in a previous post that this is my attempt to watch all of the episodes and PPVs between the last time I watched TNA wrestling to the Lockdown PPV that Rich, Colin and I are going to be seeing live.

I just finished watching the last of the September Impacts and just turned on the October 9, 2008 Impact.

I also talked to Rich and he said I won't ruin anything if I post "spoilers" for him. While they can't really be spoilers because they happened over 6 months ago, I wanted to make sure that he wasn't smacked in the face.

Ok, so in the drama of Samoa Joe winning the World Title and then fighting Booker T and etc.....we currently are building up to Samoa Joe vs Sting at Bound for Glory. Jeff Jarrett is back after a 2 year Hiatus due to a variety of things including his wife's passing away.

So September 18, 2008 marks the announcement that Mick Foley is coming to TNA. The following Impact (September 25) marks nothing about Foley except that he will be in the building the following show. I think this is the same episode where you find out that the Tag Team Invitational is going to be a Monster's Ball Match and Abyss flips out because he isn't supposed to use weapons (which I must say is a good move since it moves him out of the genre of "monster" who will come down with barbed-wire kitchen sinks and stuff and makes him be a "wrestler"). I honestly watched this one so late and forgot to write about it so I can't remember much, but I think that Kurt Angle starts shit talking Jeff Jarrett into making a match between the two of them at Bound for Glory.

October 2, 2008 marks the announcement of Mick Foley being the special enforcer for the Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle match. My thoughts are this: If you are bringing Mick into this company for longer than 1 month, why the fuck isn't he in the Monster's Ball Match with like Terry Funk or just about anyone else? Why is he the guest enforcer? I mean if he doesn't want to wrestle that is one thing, but come on. You are paying a man so that you can promote his name which is known for falling off cages and losing an ear and stuff. Now he gets to point sternly at the participants and tell them "No no, you can't do that?" I know the reality is that he is going to get involved and either screw over JJ or Kurt, but still.....I want to see TNA use their money to promote great matches.....but I digress.

Um....that's all I can really remember. From this point on I think I am going to run a pseudo recap like I used to read for WCW when I couldn't tape it and give the breakdowns of the shows as they happen.....or I might just not care enough and just point out the things of note.

And I want to point out the irony of me saying that. I think that TNA has better young smaller wrestlers than WWE and I think they are in a position to showcase them better than they can the Heavyweights. I like TNA for the wrestling and sometimes the storylines. I have been fed up with WWE programming for so long that I vowed to take a year off from watching it, and if I watch Wrestlemania this year and can predict 75% of the match outcomes based on the roll in footage and the crowd reactions, I am done with WWE forever. The reason I saw irony in my statement of "things of note" was because that was all I could remember because my brain has been so polluted by WWE programming to just notice the hype and skip the midcard. The midcard is the best wrestling that TNA (and WWE most of the time) has in it's arsenal.

So with that said (and I think it makes sense....I kind of lost track of where I was going at some point) I am turning on the October 9 2008 Episode of Impact to see the last show leading up to Bound for Glory.

More to come.....

No comments: