Friday, March 27, 2009

Diabolik's TNA Catch-Up October 9, 2008

Ok, so I wrote up through the first 3 commercial breaks and I decided that trying to do recaps of the matches is long and annoying and hard if I happen to be busy and using the show as background noise.

So Jarrett has Angles Gold Medal and has big plans for it.

Christian doesn't want to take sides in this respect issue in TNA and is forced to be the special referee in a match between AJ Styles and Booker T.

Cute Kip vs Rhino with Kipp winning after interference.

Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal vs Consequences Creed vs Petey Williams for the X-Division title shot and Creed wins the shot by pinning Dutt. It seems that Bashir (Daivari) is better at throwing out promos, but he is still just an angry misunderstood Middle Eastern American and yelling about it.

Karen Angle talks to Mick Foley.

JB talks to Rhino who wants to play the game of Gore the Whore.

Excuse me.....Steve "Mondo" McMichaels is the guest ref for Monster's Ball? WHY THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!? I haven't seen him in wrestling in fuck all and now he is in the match because ........ he used to be a horseman for like 12 seconds? TNA stop this stupid shit of bringing old ass people that no one knows back to the ring to try to get pops. What is McMichaels biggest contribution to wrestling? Marrying Sable.....

Abyss and Matt Morgan vs Beer Money Inc (which I must say I hated the name at first but I love it now) in a Monster's Ball match. Team 3D shows up at ringside and "guest commentators." Abyss and Morgan win.

Mick Foley comes to the ring and it is shared that he is only contracted for the Bound for Glory Match. He comes to the ring with a mic....and a corduroy sports jacket....He says he will deal with interference into the match harshly...Mick calls Kurt to the ring followed by Jarrett....Jarrett hands Angle back his gold medal.....a sign of respect? Foley makes them shake hands....Kurt thanks Jarrett for the medal back and asks him to tell his 3 little girls that Kurt apologizes for Jarrett not coming home after Bound for Glory....I liked that promo....very vicious but not outrightly....

Cute Kip & The Beautiful People vs Phino ODB and Rakka Khan is announced. Oooo Boy!

Once again Booker is talking oddly. Ok, I understood the King gimmick and I understood the Harlem Heat gangsta gimmick...not this one where he was from Houston and now from Africa apparently.....fucking stupid....

And watching the promo for the Women's match I must say that I appreciated the Roxy posing as Raisha Saeed and attacking Kong.....

Booker T vs AJ Styles with Christian Cage as the Ref....AJ wins by barely getting his shoulder up after a bridged suplex. Booker goes after Christian and then Christian lays out AJ Styles....And Booker vs AJ vs Christian gets announced.....

And then a contract signing......I hate these stupid things.....now if there was a contract signing for every single match I can understand it.....but seriously....and why is the contract being signed like 3 days before the match?? At least the stipulation here is that there will be no rematch after this match by request of both wrestlers....that is different.....Joe says he does respect Sting....and gee...what a surprise, the contract signing has broken down into a bout of fisticuffs.....WHY MUST THEY ALL END THAT WAY?!?!?!?

So now that I have finished this episode I have questions.....

Why is Booker trying to talk like he is from the ghetto of Africa? What the Fuck is that about?

Why was the Brown Bag treatment so fucking feared? It's a paper bag. Maybe William Shatner couldn't act his way out of it, but still.....ok, maybe be ashamed of the fact that you just got beat up by 2 girls and they stuck a bag on your head....but how hard it is to take off? Did they like bind it to your skull? Or cut your nose off?

I kind of wish I had been following the backstage info on why Gail Kim left TNA but I will look that up after I am done catching up.

So lets see....I have 29 episodes left and 24 Days in which to watch it all.....FUN!

No comments: